This easy recipe of creamy Brie covered in a puff pastry sheet and baked until the cheese has melted and the pastry is crispy and golden brown, takes Brie to another level. Does it look like a homemade edible fondue set? just dip a piece of bread or tortilla chips in the melted brie and enjoy with some fresh grapes on the side. Perfect as an appetiser or as an addition to your cheese board!
Melted cheese in a puff pastry case
If you do not have a fondue set and you are craving for melted cheese, you will love this baked brie in puff pastry recipe. It only requires three ingredients and is very simple to make. Brie is a mild cheese and baking it intensifies its flavour. The soft, melted cheese combined with the crispy puff pastry brings different textures to this sharing dish. The most exciting part is you also get to eat the crust in which the brie has been baked!
You need only three main ingredients
- Brie: Use a brie wheel for this recipe as its round shape matters. It will be easier to cover it in puff pastry.
- Puff pastry: Ready rolled pastry works well as it it the same thickness and will bake evenly.
- Egg yolk: Brushing the puff pastry with egg yolk produces a golden brown colour with a nice shine when baked.
How to serve baked brie
To serve place the baked puff pastry on a cheese board and use a small knife to cut a round circle at the centre of the pastry. This will create an opening for dipping your accompaniments in. Some ideas are:
- Tortilla chips
- Vegetable batons
- Fruit brochettes that go well with cheese (grapes, figues, pears)
- Dried fruits
You can also cut the puff pastry into equal parts and eat it as a pie. Serve it with jam, maple syrup or honey on the side, with some fresh fruits such as grapes and figues. Be creative with your servings, you can’t go wrong!
3-ingredient baked brie in puff pastry recipe
This 3-ingredient Brie in puff pastry recipe is perfect as an appetiser or as part of a cheese board! Serve it with fruits, vegetable batons, bread, tortilla chips or crackers. Perfect to enjoy when hosting.
- 1 Brie wheel
- 350g ready-rolled puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg yolk
- Unroll the pastry sheet onto a baking tray and use a knife to cut it in half so you get two equal sized sheets. Use side plates to shape two circles, ensuring one is slightly bigger than the other.
- Place the Brie in the middle of the smaller round pastry sheet and brush around the edges with some water. Use the other sheet to cover the brie, pressing all the way around, making sure there are no gaps. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Use a round cookie cutter to score a round shape on top of the pastry. This will help cut an opening on top when serving. You can use a knife to score a pretty design on the pastry. Brush the pastry with egg yolk and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and use a knife to cut a round opening on top.
- Serve with bread, chips, vegetable batons, fruit brochettes, nuts or jams, syrups, honey.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 4 -6 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 437
Leave a Reply