This is such a great Chicken and Noodle stir-fry if you are time-conscious but like to enjoy a tasty meal with minimum effort. It contains all the delicious sauces that flavour the whole dish to perfection, all ready in 15 minutes!
3 reasons you should try this dish
This chicken noodle stir-fry is everything you want in a dish for the following reasons:
- It packs tons of flavours: The best way to add flavour to a stir-fry is by cooking it on high heat. It is all about the sizzling of the dish, combined with the delicious sauces that accompany it. You will end up with the most delicious aromas coming out of the wok.
- Best Fakeaway: Think about the time spent on the phone with your favourite takeaway reataurant, time to look at the menu and waiting times. You would be saving yourself triple the amount of time it would have taken you to cook your favourite Chinese stir-fry dish!
- Adapt with alternative ingredients: You can switch chicken for fish, meat or even tofu! Add other stir-fry vegetables such as carrots, mushrooms, mangetout, with a sprinkle of spring onions. What I like about a stir-fry is its versatility. You can even swap noodles for rice or eat it in a baguette if you are on the go!
What ingredients you will need
- Chicken: I usually use chicken breast in stir-fries as it cooks really quick. Cut it into thin strips for quick cooking.
- Pak choi: It adds an almost peppery flavour to the stir-fry, and is a great vegetable for Chinese stir-fries.
- Bell pepper: If you want a bit of crunch and colour to your dish add red bell peppers.
- Ginger and garlic: Used to marinate the chicken.
- Onions: For added flavour.
- Soy sauce, sesame oil and shaoxing wine: It makes the base of the sauce and adds so much flavour to the stir-fry.
- Egg noodles: Use fresh egg noodles, it cooks quicker.
- Sesame seeds: Toast the sesame seeds before sprinkling them on top of the dish as a garnish.
How to make the quick and easy chicken noodle stir fry
- Marinate the chicken: I always like to marinate chicken before adding it to the wok. It saves time and brings out so much flavour.
- Add the vegetables, starting from the crunchiest to the softest. We add bell peppers and then the pack choi which takes only a few minutes to cook. We want to get a little crunch on the vegetables.
- Mix in the sauce: Reduce the heat when adding the sauce, as it will allow it to simmer without evaporating too quick.
- Add the noodles, tossing it to coat with the sauce. It only need a couple of minutes to cook. If you are using dry noodles boil it separately and add it to the stir-fry at the end.
What’s not to love about this dish? I love the smell that fills the kitchen whenever I made a chicken noodle stir-fry. The noodles coated in the thick sauce is so flavourful, combined with the juicy chicken strips that have absorbed the sauce. The best thing about it is you get dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes! If you enjoy a stir-fry as much as I do, check out my delicious rice noodle stir-fry recipe.
I would love to hear what you think about this dish. If you have any questions or feedback, leave in the comment below and I will get back to you.
Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Stir-fry
This is the most delicious and quickest chicken stir-fry recipe made with only a few ingredients that pack lots of flavours. It is ready in just 15 minutes and you can have it at lunch or for a mid-week dinner.
- 250g chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 pak choi, cut lengthways
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1/2 onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1/2 cup water
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Marinate the chicken with onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp soy sauce. In a hot wok add the oil and stir-fry the chicken on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and pak choi and stir-fry for another minute.
- In a bowl mix the soy sauce, shaoxing wine and sesame oil. Add it to the stir-fry and mix well. Pour in the cornstarch mixture and lower the heat. Leave to bubble for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Toss in the noodles and stir-fry for 2 minutes until the noodles are cooked through. Season to taste.
- Finish with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds and serve with a sweet chilli sauce.
Leave a Reply